A relatively small group of MEN showed up this morning to be made into stronger MEN, or perhaps just have their teeth kicked in for 45 minutes. This is subjective, and opinions may vary. Here’s what we did.
- Mosey straight into the park and buzz past the owl bars.
- Hang a right on Cumberland and stop at the intersection of Cumberland and Clayton.
- Head up Clayton to where Clayton turns into Floral. 5 HR merkins at Cumberland and Clayton intersection, 5 HR merkins at Clayton and Lockhart, and 10 burpees at Floral.
- Head back down Clayton and to the owl bars. 10 pull ups and 20 dips.
- Head up the Lurker with 5 HR merkins at each speed hump, and 10 burpees at the top.
- Head down MegaTool and into the playground at Princeton for 10 pull ups and 20 dips.
- Back up MegaTool with 5 HR merkins outside of the playground gate and 5 at the speed hump. 10 burpees at the top.
- Back down the Lurker and back to the owl bars for 10 pull ups and 20 dips.
- That completes one round
- Complete as many as possible by 6:10 and head back to the lot.
This morning’s circuit was originally done back in November when I lead at Bandit. It was perfectly suited for WIB, so I decided to roll it out again. Two unfortunate souls (Doobie and Freeloader) were lucky enough to be present for both runs of this thing. There is really no stopping or resting at all for this one, and this solid group grinded it out the whole time. It’s definitely you vs. you. Steroid was particularly strong this morning, so the rest of us chased him the whole time. I think most of the group completed 2 full rounds. If you did, you racked up the following.
- 60 HR merkins
- 60 burpees
- 60 pull ups
- 120 dips
- roughly 4.6 miles of mostly hills
Definitely a full body beat down, and not a lot of mumble chatter to be heard. I think we were all just trying to hang on and plow through. One ray of sunshine that appeared on Mega Tool was a lovely female runner, dressed up like a snow bunny. She also smelled much better than anyone else in the group. She was out there doing hill repeats on the Lurker and Mega Tool by herself, and she was hauling a$$. She was dressed for Chicago winter weather, but it wasn’t slowing her down. Chair Thrower announced that sometime in late March, a WIB Reunion is supposed to occur, with Haywood and Waco running the show. Stay tuned. Doobie came with an unofficial takeout, thanking God for the snow bunny that provided some much needed incentive to continue grinding up those hills. Amen to that!! We decided that was sufficient. As much as this morning hurt, we are all so fortunate to be able to get out in the gloom and push ourselves with this crazy stuff, and we don’t take it for granted.
Thanks for the keys CT!
Always an honor,